Experience and Expertise
Byron is a partner in GALLINA’s Salt Lake City office, and has had experience working with businesses as an accountant and financial professional for over 25 years. He has gained extensive hands-on experience in the construction industry and is experienced with complex accounting, management, organization, and tax issues. For eight years, he worked with a family-held construction contractor as chief financial officer where he managed the estimating department and job costing systems. Byron also grew up in a family-held construction company, and learned the operations of the industry through his grandfather and father. His expertise is focused on helping clients start businesses, expand, obtain credit, and plan for succession or prepare for sale. Byron is also a frequent speaker at contractor education seminars. He speaks on accounting, tax, and job costing for construction contractors.
Byron serves clients by understating their business and personal goals. By doing this, he is able to assist them with their accounting, income tax, and business needs while also identifying other service professionals who can assist them with other needs they face. Clients become his friends; which means that he treats them with respect, sharing knowledge and counsel.
Byron proactively communicates industry changes to clients and recommends opportunities and adjustments to help clients meet their goals. He aims to understand the client’s priorities and advises them accordingly.
- Utah Association of Certified Public Accountants (UACPA), member
- Utah Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC), member and presenter
- Utah Association of General Contractors (AGC), member and presenter
- Utah Surety Association, member and presenter
- Mountain Springs Community Church, treasurer
- Intermountain Christian School, finance committee member
- Frequent speaker at contractor education seminars
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting and Business Administration from Dordt College, Sioux Center, Iowa
- Spending time with his wife and two children
- Mountain biking, hiking and running
- Playing and watching sports