“I love helping GALLINA's clients and am most happy when working with them to resolve an issue or improve a process. Regardless of the service, the concept of quality and added value is always a forethought.”
Experience and Expertise
Colette has over 30 years of experience and is a former principal of Tueffers, Guckian & Gamon, PLLC, providing financial statement, income tax and other accounting and consulting services to the construction industry.
Colette commenced her accounting career in 1982 and has many years of experience focused exclusively on the construction industry. Her expertise includes the management of audit and review engagements, systems set up including needs analysis, software selection, testing and implementation, business valuation and training of client personnel. She has conducted operations reviews of construction companies’ systems and processes including accounting and project management and assisted in the resolution of problems related to performance. She has helped develop, simplify and customize communication systems to provide superior management tools.
Prior to moving to the USA, Colette worked for chartered accounting firms in Dublin, Ireland and Sydney, Australia. She holds a CPA license in the states of Washington, Alaska, and Hawaii.
Colette takes a practical and direct approach to uncovering and resolving issues most important to clients. While she admits that the nature of the work may sometimes be viewed as tedious by clients, Colette endeavors to make it a fun and enjoyable experience. It is important to Colette to not only deliver a quality product but to exceed expectations.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), member
- Washington Society of Certified Public Accountants (WSCPA), member
- Construction Financial Management Association (CFMA), member
- Daily Journal of Commerce, published writer
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting from City University of Seattle
- Master of Science in Project Management from City University of Seattle
- Enjoys hiking, reading, and traveling
- Avid interest in history and art
- Continuously learning to play golf