"I'm very involved in professional associations since I believe it keeps me current and helps me better serve our clients."
Experience and Expertise
Curt has nearly four decades of accounting experience and industry leadership and currently serves clients from our Reno, Nevada office. He has extensive experience in qualified retirement plans, exempt organizations, international accounting, gaming, and structuring acquisitions and dispositions. He also specializes in estate and compensation planning for closely-held businesses and their owners, farming and ranching, and corporate and individual tax planning and compliance.
After graduating from college Curt began working for a Big Four accounting firm, eventually establishing and acting as managing partner of their Reno, Nevada office. Curt served on their National Industry Teams for Qualified Retirement Plans and Agribusiness, specializing in estate and compensation planning for closely held businesses and their owners, farming and ranching, and corporate and individual tax planning compliance. In 1995, Curt became a principal with Bartig, Basler & Ray, CPAs, Inc., a regional accounting firm, which merged with GALLINA in 2006.
Curt believes active involvement translates into excellent service. By involving himself in professional and trade organizations, he is able to keep current on timely topics while staying abreast on what’s directly impacting the firm's clients.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) member
- Nevada Society of Certified Public Accountants (NVCPA), member and former chairman of the taxation committee
- Utah Association of Certified Public Accountants (UACPA), member
- International Resource Center of Northern Nevada, treasurer
- YMCA of the Sierra, advisor to the board
- Nevada World Trade Council (NEWTRAC), founding board member
- Bachelor or Science in Accounting from Brigham Young University, Provo
- Spending time with family
- Philanthropist actively serving the Nevada Museum of Art, American Lung Association of Reno, BYU Management Society of Northern Nevada, Advisory Council for the University of Nevada, Reno, College of Business, and others