"My athletic experiences bring me the focus, teamwork, discipline, and strategic thinking to help clients."
Experience and Expertise
Dan is an audit partner at the firm specializing in nonprofit, affordable housing, real estate, construction, professional services corporations, and employee benefit plan audits. For countless years, Dan has provided business consulting and financial reporting for a variety of small and midsized businesses in a variety of industries. He also has extensive experience in auditing nonprofit businesses.
Dan serves clients in many areas including, but not limited to, project oversight and quality assurance, organization reviews to improve operations, audit recommendations implementation reviews, audits of financial statements and preparation of reports, strategic and project planning, and presentation of audit reports. He often serves as a technical review partner on numerous engagements due to his reputation for excellent attention to detail and technical proficiencies.
Dan believes “successful business people all understand the concept of teamwork.” As a longtime athlete and coach, he understands teamwork to its entirety having played and coached football and other team sports at many levels. He takes this team approach into the workplace realizing that he serves as a financial coach to our clients and developmental leader to the firm's staff.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), member
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants (CalCPA), nonprofit committee chair
- Affordable Housing Association of Certified Public Accountants (AHACPA), member
- American Subcontractors Association (ASA), member
- Associated General Contractors of America (AGC), member
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting from California State University, Humboldt
- Fly fishing, camping, mountain bike trail riding, hiking, hunting, and playing golf
- Avid supporter of the San Francisco 49ers and Giants