"I take a personal interest in helping clients manage success, and I’m proud to be working with some of the most successful and respected construction companies in California."
Experience and Expertise
Since joining GALLINA in 1995, Darren has become a valuable team player, providing auditing, accounting, consulting, and tax compliance services to clients throughout California.
Darren has had an interest in the construction industry for quite some time, even putting himself through college working for material retailers and as a laborer for a homebuilder. He has put that interest and perspective to use in his accounting practice, working with a variety of construction entities as well as related industries such as real estate development and mining. In addition, Darren performs consulting services for a wide range of construction matters including cost analysis and contract negotiations, and has served as an expert in construction litigation.
Not just outgoing, Darren is proactive in his approach to accounting; committed to helping GALLINA’s clients succeed by managing their businesses more efficiently. He works closely with business owners to analyze operations and current strategies in order to provide practical solutions. Educating our clients on the intricacies of construction tax and accounting matters is also a skill that he has taken to professional organizations, appearing as a guest speaker for many construction associations, banks, and his alma mater, San Jose State University.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), member
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants (CalCPA), member
- Associated General Contractors of America (AGC), Tax and Fiscal Affairs Committee Member
- Associated General Contractors of California (AGC), member
- United Contractors (UCON), member
- Construction Financial Management Association (CFMA), member
- Surety Association of Northern California (SANC), member
- The Beavers, a heavy engineering construction association, associate member
- Sheet Metal and Air Conditioning Contractors National Association (SMACNA), Bay Area Chapter, associate member
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting from San Jose State University
- Spending time with family
- Coaching youth sports