"I enjoy working with my team to help make a meaningful impact on our clients’ businesses."
Experience and Expertise
Don began his career as a staff accountant with GALLINA in 1980, the same year he graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting from California State University, Chico. He became a partner in 1988. “I am one of several partners who started their careers here, which is part of what makes our firm unique,” he says. “This low turnover is also reflected in our staff. This greatly benefits our clients because it ensures they will work with GALLINA professionals who have specialized expertise and experience in the construction industry.”
Don is in charge of GALLINA’s Auditing Standards and Accounting Principles Committee and also serves on the firm’s Quality Control Committee. Don works with general building contractors, engineering contractors, specialty subcontractors, and suppliers with annual volumes in excess of $300 million. He also works with a number of nonprofit organizations and employee benefit plans.
Accessibility is one of Don’s top priorities. He makes sure that on the rare occasions when he is unable to return a client’s call on the same day, another member of the team is ready and able to do so. Furthermore, Don thinks of his fellow partners at GALLINA as the captains of teams – whose objectives are to solve clients’ problems, help them address opportunities and ensure they avoid pitfalls in their business.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) member
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants (CalCPA), member
- CalCPA, Accounting Principles and Auditing Standards Committee Member
- Associated General Contractors of America (AGC), Delta Sierra Chapter, board member
- Aerospace Museum of California, board member
- Golden Empire Council of the Boy Scouts of America
- American Subcontractors Association (ASA), Capital City Chapter
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting from California State University, Chico
- Spending time with family, seven children and four grandchildren
- Boy Scouts of America