“Since I was old enough to work in my parents’ family business, I have enjoyed working with customers and solving their problems. After I graduated from college, I started my accounting career as a staff accountant working with clients to help them maintain their records at the highest level. 'Growing up' in public accounting has given me the perspective to work with entrepreneurs to help them succeed to their highest potential.”
Experience and Expertise
Steve has more than 30 years of experience in providing accounting, auditing, business consulting, and tax advisory services to clients throughout California.
Over the years, Steve has served businesses in the construction, real estate, manufacturing, medical, as well as other industries. His lifetime of experience, both as the accountant, and running the business has translated into valuable information that he enthusiastically shares with his clients. He also invests the time to understand the dynamics and relationships inside the companies he serves, whether between family members or between business partners, that are so important for the success of long term and estate planning strategies.
Steve understands that for most of us, time is one of our most valuable resources. He is always working to stay ahead of projects and make them as efficient and timely as possible. Proper planning on the work and an understanding of the clients’ desires is a requirement on all of his work. By being proactive and looking forward, Steve minimizes the surprises we all dread. Steve enjoys having conversations with his clients and is always eager to learn more about his clients and their business.
- Associated General Contractors of California (AGC), member
- California Building Industry Association (CBIA), member
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants (CalCPA), member
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), member
- Scheu Family YMCA, board member
- San Antonio Community Hospital, board member
- Master Trust of California, board member
- Price Foundation, board member
- Bachelors of Science in accounting from California State University, San Jose
- Biking, traveling, gardening, and golf
- Spending time with his wife, two children, and two grandchildren